Happy Anniversary to us! It’s been a tough six years. We’ve been through several job losses, a death of a parent, who knows how many cars, house moves, house buy, arguments, failing school, and of course the birth of the three boys. Cheers, here’s to many many more!
Monthly Archives: March 2008
I’m laying in bed, watching a movie. The husband person is out celebrating Carlos’ birthday. It’s 1AM, yes I should be asleep, but since it is spring break, my schedule is all wonky. I hear a noise. Noises aren’t unusual, as we are by the highway. But this noise continually gets closer and closer. It’s a sound that I recognize instantly.
It’s the sound of two drunk men racing the plasma cars down the hill. At 1 AM. I go out in my pj’s and stand at the end of the driveway. I can see the tall and thin silhouette of Mr. Husband and the large round shape of Carlos walking up the hill. I wait, and then I hear them start. Whooping and hollering then come racing down. I can see the glow of the Husband person’s cigarette. As they stop in front of me, they laugh like a couple of seven year old boys. Have I mentioned that my husband person is 33? And Carlos is now 23? Both are drunk and loopy.
As I type this, they come in and decide they are hungry. They know better than to ask me to make them some food!
I know my millions of readers (hello? echo? echo?) have been wondering where I have been. Here’s a rundown:
1.Relaxing. That’s it. It’s spring break baby!
2. I passed my test last week, which is a HUGE relief to me. Knowing that this time I will pass and am that much closer to getting my degree, phew! But I have NOT been studying. Although I need to. Flunking last year and getting a ‘F’ seriously did some damage to my GPA. I need to bring it up, or else I can’t get into a Masters program.
3. Kids. Yes they are on spring break too. No, I’m not sitting on the beach doing nothing but drinking icy margaritas. I wish. We have pretty much been playing outside during the day into the evening. We were going to take a road trip today, but decided against it.
4. I’ve been to the gym. Yes, I have! If I am going to wake-board this summer, I need some abs and some cardio build up!
5. The boat. OMG, I LOVE going out in the evening, being pretty much the only one out there, sun setting, sooo peaceful. Then the kids try to jump out. UGH! The water is so peaceful right now, a cool 70 degree temp, it’s wonderful. Give it a month, and all the party people will be drunk, speeding, and flashing their tits. Sorry people, it’s fun. (giggle)
6. Work. Ugh. I can’t do all the above without this. Gag.
7. Fixin’ up. I painted some things, pulled down some wall paper, cut some trees, etc. I’ll post pics whenever I get to the store and remember to buy batteries.
8. Myspace. I spent all day today redoing it. I still need pics.
That’s it in a nutshell!
Some of y’all are wondering exactly WHAT we were riding in yesterday’s video. It’s a plasma car.
Check it out: http://www.plasmacar.com/store/customer/index.php
We actually race it down the hill, but you can see in the last video how my hubbie was riding it like it was suppose to be. The kids ride it, we ride it, the kids sit in our laps while we ride. And no, that is not me in the brown shirt, being pushed by the Man. That’s my mother-in-law (MIL), yes, yes, even grannies (ours is a Gigi) can ride.
We have three of them, which we got back at Christmas. The cheapest place we found them at was www.overstock.com
ok, I’m not a very smart one with this video stuff. Mind you, this was video taped on my cell phone, and I was also racing, with a kid on my lap. Scroll down to video 1, then 2, etc. Enjoy!